In case all of the followers of this blog haven't heard, Swagbucks is awesome. It's a way to earn virtual currency by searching the Internet. Once you've racked up enough "points," you'll be able to trade them for merchandise or gift cards. In one year, I've won at least $120 in Amazon gift cards. It's definitely not going to make you rich, but it's nice to help save for items you'd like to buy, but have a hard time justifying. I've had my eye on a DSLR and some accessories for a while.
In case you've already joined and are having a hard time racking up bucks, here are my suggestions:
- Use the Swagbucks search engine. You'll randomly win points just for doing what you'd usually do on the Internet. I now rarely use Google (my go-to search engine in the past). Why not get "paid" to search for crochet patterns?
- Do a search for websites you visit on a regular basis (think Ravelry, facebook, and Pinterest). Add those searches to your favorites bar instead of the direct link. You'll be doing a Swag search every time you visit those sites rather than going directly there.
- Vote in the daily poll. I know, I know... it's only 1, but they add up, too.
- Follow the NOSO (no obligation special offer) path every day. You'll be rewarded 1 or 2 bucks every day. Again, those add up.
- Watch Swagbucks TV. Well, you don't really have to watch it. Just have it playing in another window, mute your computer, and do what you sat down at the computer to do. Every time your meter fills up, you'll win 3 bucks. You can earn up to 75 per day. If you got all 75 per day, you'd get over 27,000 in a year. That equals about $300 in Amazon gift cards. I've yet to earn all 75 in a day (it would take quite a while), but I have been able to earn quite a few each day since I learned this trick.
Here's how these numbers add up:
If you do the Daily Poll, NOSO path, and get 9 points from watching Swagbucks TV a day, you'll earn at least 11 points in a day. That's 77 in a week or 308 in a month. That means you'd earn at least $5 in Amazon gift cards every other month. That's not including what you win doing searches or other special offers.
I know it's not much, but these things do add up. If you haven't signed up, do it now! If you have, start taking advantage of some of the features to earn bigger bucks.